sa716

How do I enter my military retirement pay. I have a 1099-R

jerry2000
Alumni

Type   1099-R   into the search box, click Find, then click Jump to
on the page that asks what kind of 1099-R you have it is the plain   1099-R   choice. Later in the interview when Turbotax asks whether it is a qualified or non-qualified plan, you answer  non-qualified   plan.
eudox1e

Help! I am not seeing the option for Plain 1099-R

LeonardS

Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return, if you don't already have it open
  2. Locate the Search bar by the magnifying glass icon. Search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results
  3. Answer Yes on the Did you get a 1099-R? screen
    • If you land on the Review your 1099-R info screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R
  4. Answer any questions until you get to the screen Let's import your tax info. Here you can choose how you want to enter your 1099-R:
    • If your financial institution is a TurboTax 1099 partner, you can import your form. Select your institution from the list and enter your sign-in credentials, then select Get my form to start the import process
    • If you prefer to upload your 1099-R or type in the info yourself, select Change how I enter my form. On the next screen, select your preferred entry method
  5. Continue answering the questions to enter or review the info from your 1099-R @eudox1e