How do I enter a distribution amount from a Profit Sharing Plan when I have no 1099-R?

The Profit Sharing Plan was terminated and a statement w/final check (under $100)was received with no accompanying 1099-r. The company has gone out of business. How and where do I enter this information?

You can prepare Substitute Form 1099-R reporting your distribution:

1. Click on Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income
  3. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  4. Select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R)
  5. On the screen Tell Us Which 1099-R you have, select I need to prepare a substitute 1099-R and continue. Many questions will be confusing but you must answer them to the best of your knowledge...

1. Click on Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income