turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

miketaba

How can my tax increase after posting a K-1 with loss? I get a message that my wife's MAGI is too high to deduct IRA contributions. It was not before software update.

The first time I entered my income, I got an estimated amount based on Max. IRA contributions., and filed an extension.  Now Added additional K-1 for myslef and my wife with losses.  Turbo Tax did a software update and came back payable taxes due to MAGI for my wife is too high.  What causes that change?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can my tax increase after posting a K-1 with loss? I get a message that my wife's MAGI is too high to deduct IRA contributions. It was not before software update.

A deductible loss reduces the income used to qualify for a deductible IRA contribution ... review your entire return carefully and the IRA contribution section to get a notice why it is no longer deductible. 

And you may also have an excess contribution ... review that section carefully.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies