robertbvidabel

Having problems with Credit for Retirement Savings Contributions. I did not make any contributions to a retirement savings. I don't have a retirement savings.

How do I deleted the figure of 113.00 in the Credit for Retirement Savings Contributions?
LindaA

Doublecheck box 12 on your W-2(s). Certain codes indicate contributions to a retirement plan, specifically:

• D: 401(k) plan
  • E: 403(b) plan
  • F: 408(k)(6) plan
  • G: 457(b) plan
  • S: 408(p) salary reduction SIMPLE retirement account
  • H: 501(c)(18)(D) plan
  • AA: Designated Roth contributions under a section 401(k) plan.
  • BB: Designated Roth contributions under a section 403(b) plan.
  • EE: Designated Roth contributions under governmental section 457(b) plan. This amount does not apply to contributions under a tax-exempt organization section 457(b) plan.

If you entered one of the above codes and an amount in box 12 on the W-2 screen, TurboTax used the information to determine that you qualified for a Retirement Savings Contributions Credit (Saver's Credit). 

If you still think the Retirement Savings Contributions Credit is in error, you may delete the Form 8880:

• Continue working on your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click Tax Tools (lower left side of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the I'm looking for: box, select Delete a form.
  • In the Review Form List, scroll down and click Delete next to Form 8880 and follow the onscreen instructions.

What is the Saver's Credit?  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301263
[Edited 03.20.2018 I 12:33PM PDT]