turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Had it set up for fedeal taxes to be taking from checking account on the 3/15/19 but they did not

when i file my taxes i have to pay federal taxes i had it set up to be taken out on 3/15/19 out of my checking account but it did not come out what is my next step to take.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

Had it set up for fedeal taxes to be taking from checking account on the 3/15/19 but they did not

Keep watching your bank account online, or check your monthly bank statement.

When you authorize the IRS or a state taxing authority to withdraw your tax due from a bank account and provide a date for the withdrawal, you can be assured that the funds will not be withdrawn before that date. Very often, it takes a few business days for the withdrawal to actually be processed against your account, but you should be sure to have sufficient funds available on the specified date and until the withdrawal is posted.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

Keep watching your bank account online, or check your monthly bank statement.

When you authorize the IRS or a state taxing authority to withdraw your tax due from a bank account and provide a date for the withdrawal, you can be assured that the funds will not be withdrawn before that date. Very often, it takes a few business days for the withdrawal to actually be processed against your account, but you should be sure to have sufficient funds available on the specified date and until the withdrawal is posted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies