Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Getting msg saying "we are updating how sep and simple plan contributions are reported on the tax return based on new guidance from the irs check back later" help plz?

Mine says the same now would love to hear what ppl have to say about this one 

Getting msg saying "we are updating how sep and simple plan contributions are reported on the tax return based on new guidance from the irs check back later" help plz?

So far so good on my end. No strange messages from the IRS. Still being processed. It's been abuout 10 days since I submitted, I believe.

@JJeditor The IRS message changed for me on day 19! 🤔

@lnichols59 you're definitely not making me happy with that one. Are you sure you did your taxes right? Oh, wait..you used TT. Of course you did them right! I'm not going to be a happy camper if it happens to me.

@JJeditor Just got off the phone with IRS.  After going through two different IRS Agents, I was told that my return was just one of the many returns 'Selected for Review'!  When I got off the phone (two hours later), I checked my Refund Status again.  Under my SSN, I still get the 'We apologize, but your return processing has been delayed.....' message; but under my husband's SSN, the message is:

Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available.

I was told that on 02/01, a one week delay was put on the processing of my return.  On 02/19 (the 19th day after the IRS accepted my return), my return was Processed and a 'Refund delay' was placed on my return.  The Agent eventually told me that my return is "one of the many returns that has been Selected for Review".  Now I'm supposed to allow 45 days from 02/19 for the Review process, and I will possibly receive a letter IN THE MAIL from the IRS that may request additional information.🤬

Oh, no, the potential for the dreaded audit. My heart breaks for you @lnichols59. But have no fear, as long as you have the documentation to back up your return, you'll be fine.  We were audited back in 2007 because they felt our charitable contributions were too high. But I am happy to say we beat the IRS! It's funny, though. The audit didn't come until after they sent us our refund. Good luck!

I almost don't want to let you know this, @lnichols59 , but I got the message from the IRS yesterday morning that our refund's been approved and should be in my bank account by the 28th. I really hope your situation gets resolved as quickly as possible!

It is Feb 25th & we are still not able to e-file because of this problem. We saved our return, closed it out & got back in & tried again. There does not appear to be an update available. Help, please!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question? The thread you are posting on has been resolved and posts are now about communications with the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@JJeditor Thanks for letting me know! I guess my return really is being ‘Audited’ at time of submission! 🤦‍♀️.  Not sure what they think they are going to find, since I only have income from W-2s, $16 from 1099-DIV, and $3,700 from 1099-R with Standard Deduction claimed.  🤷‍♀️ Looks like I’ll be waiting 45 days from 02/19, the date they actually processed my return; unless I receive a letter from the IRS between now and then!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies