Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

richepper

Form 1099-R retirement

On Form 1099-R  Additional Distribution Information 

Pertaining to line E - Disability Payments Minimum Retirement Age

Is that age you could first file for a special REDUCED retirement pension (in my case 55) or the age you would be entitled to your FULL retirement pension (In my case 65) ?

Also.....does the Employer/Pension Administrator change the distribution code on the 1099-R, box 7 from code 3 (disability) to code 7 (normal distribution) when you reach your minimum retirement age even though you are still disabled?  I am aware that at minimum retirement age your income goes from being treated as EARNED income to UNEARNED income 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Form 1099-R retirement

#1)  The minimum age that you could have retired at if you were still working.   You can ask the plan administrator what that age is.

#2)  The code 3 remains.   If under the minimum age the distribution goes on the 1040 line 1 as wages, if at or over that age, the distribution goes on the 1040 line 4 as a pension.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies