turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Figuring out what taxable amount you previously used. Instr say: "Generally, the taxable amount would be on line 16b of your 2019 1040- there is no line 16b on my 1040?

There is no line 16b on my 2019 1040, where can I find it? Simple 1040ez, one retirement 1099 and disability.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Figuring out what taxable amount you previously used. Instr say: "Generally, the taxable amount would be on line 16b of your 2019 1040- there is no line 16b on my 1040?

The taxable amount of any pension/annuity received is shown on the 2019 Form 1040 Line 4d

dmertz
Level 15

This line number changed with the many changes made for the 2018 tax year but corresponding instruction in TurboTax was never updated to reflect that.  As DoninGA said, this instruction should say 2019 Form 1040 line 4d rather than line 16b.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies