turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Entering K-1 add' info form. For Box 20 Code Z (1-5) the description of Z1-5 on TTax form is different than PTP Statement. Do I simply put in the amounts for Z1-5?

Filling out the K-1 additional info form.  For Box 20 Code Z (1-5) the description of Z1-5 on TTax form is different than the Suppliment statement provided by the PTP.  Do I simply enter the amounts for Z1-5?  Are all Z1, 2, 3, 4, 5's the same reguardless of description or can they be different?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Entering K-1 add' info form. For Box 20 Code Z (1-5) the description of Z1-5 on TTax form is different than PTP Statement. Do I simply put in the amounts for Z1-5?

Yes, you may enter the actual description and amounts from your Schedule K-1 under Box 20 Z Line 5. See screenshot below for an example (click to enlarge).

According to the instructions for this section: "If the item does not belong on lines 1 through 4, enter the description and amount supplied by the partnership on line 5. Based on the supplemental information supplied by the partnership, also enter the amount on the applicable form or schedule of return."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, you may enter the actual description and amounts from your Schedule K-1 under Box 20 Z Line 5. See screenshot below for an example (click to enlarge).

According to the instructions for this section: "If the item does not belong on lines 1 through 4, enter the description and amount supplied by the partnership on line 5. Based on the supplemental information supplied by the partnership, also enter the amount on the applicable form or schedule of return."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies