Johnny Rogers

Does turbotax allow me to use form 1040 instead of 1040SR?

I understand now that IRS forms 1040 and 1040 SR are identical except for the Large Font and targeted standard deduction chart (from IRS press release).

I don't recall that turbotax gave me the option to select which I wanted to use (I am over 65). I would prefer the "small font" version. Is this a selectable option in turbotax?

rjs

You cannot choose to use Form 1040 in TurboTax Online. TurboTax automatically uses Form 1040-SR if you are 65 or older. In the CD/Download TurboTax software there is a box you can check in forms mode to print Form 1040 instead of Form 1040-SR. But TurboTax Online does not have forms mode, so there is no way to check the box.

rjs

Johnny Rogers

Thank you for the info!

Jeff in NC

I'm just adding detail to rjs's very helpful answer for those searching for this answer in the future. I'm using the disc version of TurboTax. In the forms mode, select "Info Wks" under the Federal forms. Scroll down to Part II and look for the "Print Form 1040-SR instead of Form 1040. Select "No."

HSdoitselfer

where is box you can check in forms mode to print Form 1040 instead of Form 1040-SR?  

Jeff in NC

Try following the steps in my earlier post on this topic and see if that works for you.

Only in the Desktop program

1040SR.jpg

H---S

Thank you!  I was getting frustrated looking for it!