winejunkies

Does the Pension and Annuity adjustment question for the California State tax return apply to my military retirement listed on 1099-R? Difference btwn. Fed WH and CA WH?

Federal withheld $11,337.99 on my military retirement 1099-R.  CA state withheld only $8400.00 for the same gross distribution.  Would I put the difference of $2937.99 in the pension and annuity adjustment box as a subtraction? The help icon only mentions things like IRA's and Canadian pensions.

Thanks! 

TerryA

No, that's not what that screen is for. It's for when the taxable amount of the retirement income is different between federal and California. That wouldn't be the case for your military retirement so skip that screen and make no entries there.

The withholding is entered on the 1099-R screen(s) in the federal return and that's all that needs to be done.