aspitale716

Does Department of Social Services send out a tax form stating how much you received from them the prior year? I came across a question asking how much I received from them under the Household Income

ColeenD3

No. It is not taxable income. You would need to keep track yourself for situations like this when you need to determine support.

Some states allow a credit for low income households that is based on your overall household income.  What is included in "household income" depends on the state, but can include the working income of everyone in the house, plus any social services benefits received by people living in the home.  You have to keep track of this yourself.  Your state DSS might keep track for you on their web site, but you would have to ask them or check their web site.