Solved: Do I qualify for the Retirenment Savings Contribution Credit with a 401(k) from my employer?

Do I qualify for the Retirenment Savings Contribution Credit with a 401(k) from my employer?

Retirement Savings Contributions Credit (Saver’s Credit)

You may be able to get a tax credit for making eligible contributions to your IRA or employer-sponsored retirement plan.

Who's eligible for the credit?

You're eligible for the credit if you're:

1. Age 18 or older;
  2. Not a full-time student; and
  3. Not claimed as a dependent on another person’s return. 

GEN87219

Amount of the credit

The amount of the credit is 50%, 20% or 10% of your retirement plan or IRA contributions up to $2,000 ($4,000 if married filing jointly), depending on your adjusted gross income (reported on your Form 1040 or 1040A).

In 2017, the maximum adjusted gross income for Saver's Credit eligibility is $62,000 for a married couple filing jointly, $46,500 for a head of household, and $31,000 for all other taxpayers. The maximum credit you can claim phases out as your income increases.

Enter the W2 exactly as its shown on the form, the program will compute any retirement savings contribution credit allowed.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Thank you

Who's eligible for the credit?

1. Age 18 or older;
  2. Not a full-time student; and

GEN87219

Amount of the credit