gina0131

Do I need to add substitute 1099-r if i entered 1099-r already?

macuser_22

Why do you need a substitute?

Is something wrong with the 1099-R that was issued and the issuer refused to correct it?

gina0131

I recieved a substitute 1099 r and a 1099 r for the same account. However, the total amount is different on both of these documents

macuser_22

Okay - that is not the same as filing a substitute 1099-R - that just means the issuer did not use the official IRS form but it is still a 1099-R.

If it does not say that it is corrected 1099-R that replaced the original, then contact the issuer to find out why they sent it and why the amount are different.