Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

camasce

Do i have to wait for my ck to fed gets accepted before i file my state refund ck

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Do i have to wait for my ck to fed gets accepted before i file my state refund ck

No, you can file your federal and state returns at the same time, regardless of whether you e-file or "print and mail" the tax returns.

If for some reason the e-filed federal return is rejected, the e-filed state return will also be rejected and you will need to "fix" the federal return in order to e-file the state return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
camasce

Well, it won't let me fix federal and says I have to mail it.  I printed it off to mail but now it won't let me efile or print my state.  It all leads back to a 1099MISC.  Turbo tax kept making me upgrade til it went from free to $150 and now I can't even get the darn to to file

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

If you mailed your federal return you will also need to mail your state return.  You cannot e-file the state return if the federal return is not e-filed.

camasce

That's fine but as I said, it won't let me print my Ohio filing so I can send it

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Please try these steps to print your Ohio state return: 

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this opens the return back up)
  5. Select Tax Tools on the left and then Print Center and choose the print center
  6. Select your state return  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies