Solved: Do I have to get a new 1099? My 1099-R has an amount in box, box 2a is blank, so I left it blank in TTax.TTax questioned that. I think the entire amt is taxable.

jimbiestek

Do I have to get a new 1099? My 1099-R has an amount in box, box 2a is blank, so I left it blank in TTax.TTax questioned that. I think the entire amt is taxable.

It should read "has an amount in box 1..."

No that is ok.  Leave 2a blank and answer the follow up questions to determine how much is taxable.  Do you know a reason or amount that is not taxable?  Oh it should be taxable?  Then say yes the same amount is taxable.