ashleykallberg

Do I have to enter my 1099-R if its under $10? I read that you are only sent a 1099-R form if you receive $10 or more from a retirement plan and I was sent one still.

IreneS

Yes.  If you were issued a 1099-R you DO have to include it in your return (no matter the amount).

IreneS

You are required to report and pay tax on all your income.

The concept of not sending out certain forms for certain dollar thresholds is to reduce the compliance burden of payers,  it doesn't mean the income isn't taxable to you even if you don't get a form.

Whether the IRS will bug you for leaving the $10 off your income is up to them.

Kcrosdale00

What if the 1099R is for $0.14?  It won't allow me to enter it. I'm assuming it has to do with the small dollar amount. I keep getting an error. Any suggestions?

@Kcrosdale00 wrote:

Since the amount is less than $0.50 it does not have to be reported on your tax return.