turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Carollia

Is SURS (State University Retirement Systems) traditional or self-managed a 401k? if it is, do I need a 1099 form? where do I get it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelDC

Is SURS (State University Retirement Systems) traditional or self-managed a 401k? if it is, do I need a 1099 form? where do I get it?

If you didn't receive any money from the plan or roll it over to a new plan, there's nothing to report on your return. If you have received a distribution, you should contact them or possibly they can provide a duplicate online. http://www.surs.com/helpful-sites

The SURS Self-Managed plan (SMP) is a defined contribution plan that establishes an account into which your contributions and the employer (State of Illinois) contributions are placed. You decide how your account balance will be invested, selecting from a variety of mutual funds and variable annuities.

Fidelity Investments
82 Devonshire Street
Boston, MA 02109
800-343-0860
www.netbenefits.com/surs

Principal Financial Group

(provider of monthly annuities for Fidelity Investments)
P.O. Box 10478
Des Moines, IA 50306-9906
877-210-5565 ext. 202
www.principal.com/retirement/incomeannuity/surs/

TIAA

730 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017-3206
888-219-8310
www.tiaa.org/illinois

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelDC

Did you receive a distribution from SURS? It's normally reported to you on a 1099-R.
Carollia

No. I was in the default "traditional" until December and changed to "self-managed" in January
Carollia

I haven't received the 1099R, should I call and request it? it's not on their website
MichaelDC

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you need anything else.
MichaelDC

If you didn't receive any money from the plan or roll it over to a new plan, there's nothing to report on your return. If you have received a distribution, you should contact them or possibly they can provide a duplicate online. http://www.surs.com/helpful-sites

The SURS Self-Managed plan (SMP) is a defined contribution plan that establishes an account into which your contributions and the employer (State of Illinois) contributions are placed. You decide how your account balance will be invested, selecting from a variety of mutual funds and variable annuities.

Fidelity Investments
82 Devonshire Street
Boston, MA 02109
800-343-0860
www.netbenefits.com/surs

Principal Financial Group

(provider of monthly annuities for Fidelity Investments)
P.O. Box 10478
Des Moines, IA 50306-9906
877-210-5565 ext. 202
www.principal.com/retirement/incomeannuity/surs/

TIAA

730 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017-3206
888-219-8310
www.tiaa.org/illinois

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies