ccsutor

Cannot deduct sales tax on a major purchase because Turbotax says the rate is different and it is not. They are both 8.25% for Texas. Is this a bug?

The actual error is "You cannot deduct sales tax paid on this item since the rate was different than the total general rate for this location, 8.2500%"  The summary says: sales tax paid 4,747.20 sales tax calculated at total general rate 4,139.38

This is when I try to enter a major purchase

ccsutor

I figured it out.  I was entering what my invoice said was the tax paid.  the calculated amount is what it should actually be.  I just calculated it myself.

tonkle

ccsutor,

Can you please show me how to calculate the sales tax calculated at total general rate?