As long as the following requirements are met, then TurboTax can import your Form W-2 into your return.
- Your payroll provider needs to be a TurboTax Import Partner (we determine this by your employer's EIN)
- Your W-2 must be available for import – most are ready by February 1, and some are disabled after the April filing deadline
- We'll need the Box 1 amount from your W-2
- You can also use the YTD (Year to Date) gross income from your year-end paystub. More info
- In some cases, we'll need the Box d Control Number from your W-2, but only if your payroll provider requires this for the import (not all of them do).
For instructions on how to import your W-2, please see the following TurboTax FAQ:
May 31, 2019 7:17 PM
Still have questions?Make a post