Can I claim my sister who is 27 years old as my dependent? She has no income, I provided all expenses and lived with me for 10 month. That being said, IRS age limit is 24

Yes, you can claim your sister as a Qualifying Relative as long as you the following are met:

You can claim a dependent on your 2017 taxes as long the following requirements are met:

• You cannot claim a dependent if you, or your spouse if filing jointly, can be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer.
  • You can't claim a married person who files a joint return as a dependent unless the joint return is filed only to claim a refund of withheld income tax or estimated tax paid.
  • You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is a U.S. citizen, U.S. resident alien, U.S. national, or a resident of Canada or Mexico.
  • You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is your qualifying child or qualifying relative.

Qualifying relative tests

• This person cannot be your qualifying child or the qualifying child of another taxpayer.
  • They made less than $4,050 in 2017. (Social Security is not included)
  • You provided more than half of their financial support. More info
  • The person lived with you for the entire year as a member of your household, or they are related to you in any of the following  ways:
    • Your child, stepchild, foster child, or a descendant of any of them (for example, your grandchild). (A legally adopted child is considered your child.)
    • Your brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, stepbrother, or stepsister.
    • Your father, mother, grandparent, or other direct ancestor, but not foster parent.
    • Your stepfather or stepmother.
    • A son or daughter of your brother or sister.
    • A son or daughter of your half-brother or half-sister.
    • A brother or sister of your father or mother.
    • Your son-in-law, daughter-in-law, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law.