turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hjc10

Program will not allow me to select as a qualified program my Office of Personnel Management 1099-R annuity which is a pension?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
KenH1

Program will not allow me to select as a qualified program my Office of Personnel Management 1099-R annuity which is a pension?

What part of the program?  Are you trying to enter your 1099-R?  If so, which question or box?
hjc10

Personal Income, Enter 1099-R, Several pages later it will not let me select "Qualified Plan"
dmertz
Level 15

What does "it won't let me" mean?  What does TurboTax present, how do you respond, and how does TurboTax respond to that?
hjc10

What the program does when I check Qualified Plan is blank my check mark and put a yellow border around around Non-Qualified Plan.
dmertz
Level 15

And this is with the CD/download version of TurboTax?  Try deleting and reentering the Form 1099-R.
dmertz
Level 15

Is this on the Was This Distribution From a Qualifed Plan page?  The yellow border is not an indication of your previous selection.  When you click on From a Qualified Plan, does TurboTax proceed to the What Did You Do With The Money from OPM page?
hjc10

After the program blanks the qualified plan it goes to the next page which asks if this is an RMD which is not part of a Pension.
dmertz
Level 15

TurboTax is behaving entirely normally.  Proceed through the rest of the questions.
KenH1

The type of retirement account is selected in the main input screen (see screenshot).

The code in box 7 is important.  A pension would typically have code 7 in box 7 (normal distribution)

KenH1

I should have added that a pension plan is most likely a qualified plan.
hjc10

I had a 7 in the number 7 input as the screen shot shows. This is not the problem.
dmertz
Level 15

Answered in the comments.  TurboTax is behaving entirely normally.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies