turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I insert Form 2210; 85% Penalty Waiver Explanation Statement into forms list so I can e-file?

The IRS rejected my e-file.  I've placed my comment on this Explanation Statement but it does not show up in the list of forms required for filing. Do I need to print and mail?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

How do I insert Form 2210; 85% Penalty Waiver Explanation Statement into forms list so I can e-file?

As I understand it, you have no choice but to print, sign and mail the return at this point.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/discussions/lounge/4618410-kyi-form-2210-part-ii-box-a-e-file-reject

Alrighty then, that is what I will do. Thanks Carl!

...and now another related problem: I can view the Penalty Explanation form but TT will not allow me to print, nor can I find such a form on the IRS website.  Can I simply write my comments on a generic form (i.e. plain sheet of paper) and include it with the 2210 for mailing?  One other thing... I don't believe that I really need to file the 2210 at all, since there is no underpayment.  In fact, there was a major over payment.  Payment for the year exceeded liability and quarterly estimated payments each exceeded 1/4 of liability. What do you think?

Update:  I found a work-around under "similar questions" and was able to override the checked box which made the 2210 disappear.  Refile was accepted be the IRS. Woo-hoo!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies