turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

Adding informatoin froma 1099R forn

I need to file a 1099R form but I think I am in the w2 menu.  how do I go back to select to update a 1099R?
1 Reply

Adding informatoin froma 1099R forn

  1. Go to Income. 

  2. Select I'll choose what I work on

  3. Go to Retirement Plans and Social Security. 

  4. Click Start or Update by IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R). 

  5. Click Delete by the pension that we'll re-enter. 

  6. Click Yes on the Delete Confirmation screen. 

  7. Click on the + Add another 1099-R

  8. Click on I'll type it in myself. 

  9. On the Tell us which 1099-R you have, choose Form 1099-R, withdrawal of money from 401(k) retirement plans, pensions, IRAs, etc. 

  10. Enter the information EXACTLY as it's printed on your 1099-R. 

  11. When you get to box 7, click the Learn More to see what to do if there's more than one code.  This entry tells the IRS if it's taxable. 

  12. Finish filling out the state info. 

  13. On the Let's Double-Check Your Info, check No, the box is blank

  14. Answer the Were You Employed as a Public Safety Employee? question. 

  15. Answer the Any Periodic Payments? question. 

Now you're back at the beginning of the Pension section again. 

To check if it carried over to your 1040:

  1. Go to My Account

  2. Go to Tools. 

  3. Go to View Tax Summary

  4. Go to Preview my 1040


message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies