turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

56tradesm

Ok, just to clarify for an idiot like me, should I add the amount in box 14 (my hlth ins paymts) to box one to get my total pay, or is box 14 already included in box one?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

Ok, just to clarify for an idiot like me, should I add the amount in box 14 (my hlth ins paymts) to box one to get my total pay, or is box 14 already included in box one?

Actually, neither.

Box 14 is just informational. The health insurance is pre-tax and was not included in box 1, nor should it be added to box 1. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Actually, neither.

Box 14 is just informational. The health insurance is pre-tax and was not included in box 1, nor should it be added to box 1. 

56tradesm

So, in other words, did I pay the amount in box 14 out of the amount in box one or is the amount in box 14 money I made (and paid out) in addition to box one? Is my total pay box one only or box one plus box 14?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies