turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

A 1099-R is a record of regular pension. TurboTax is asking if this is a RMD? What is my answer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JulieS
Employee Tax Expert

A 1099-R is a record of regular pension. TurboTax is asking if this is a RMD? What is my answer?

Yes, if this is a regular pension distribution, it can be considered as entirely required minimum distribution (RMD).

You can also assume that the amount distributed is the entire RMD for that account. Pensions are considered on their own and the trustee is responsible for distributing the RMD.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The form is titled "2020 IRA Fair Market Value and 2021 Required Minimum Distribution Statement".  I do not know where to enter the information   This is an IRA that I started receiving when i became 70.  The Fair Market Value is $1257.08  

To enter your RMD information, you can follow this thread for instructions.

Here is a TurboTax article about RMDs. 

@19cleaveM-14

@19cleaveM-14   You don't enter that form.  That's only letting you know how much RMD you have to take out this year in 2021.

You only enter a 1099R.  Did you take a distribution or get a 1099R form?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies