speedyg955

A 1099-R is a record of regular pension. TurboTax is asking if this is a RMD? What is my answer?

JulieS

Yes, if this is a regular pension distribution, it can be considered as entirely required minimum distribution (RMD).

You can also assume that the amount distributed is the entire RMD for that account. Pensions are considered on their own and the trustee is responsible for distributing the RMD.

19cleaveM-14

The form is titled "2020 IRA Fair Market Value and 2021 Required Minimum Distribution Statement".  I do not know where to enter the information   This is an IRA that I started receiving when i became 70.  The Fair Market Value is $1257.08  

ReneeM7122

To enter your RMD information, you can follow this thread for instructions.

Here is a TurboTax article about RMDs. 

@19cleaveM-14

@19cleaveM-14   You don't enter that form.  That's only letting you know how much RMD you have to take out this year in 2021.

You only enter a 1099R.  Did you take a distribution or get a 1099R form?