1099-R shows taxable $6,500 convertion of a nondeductible ira to a roth. How to show this is not taxable?

I made a nondeductible Traditional IRA contribution. The next day I converted the entire amount to a Roth IRA.  This conversion should not be taxable, but the 1099-R shows the amount as taxable.  How do I correct this issue?

Enter the 1099-R exactly as printed, which will initially show the entire distribution as taxable.  When you land on the summary screen, select Continue and answer the follow up questions about "what you did with the money" and "contributions previously taxed" (i.e. your non-deductible contributions).