Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

setac21638
Returning Member

1099 misc income

why do I have to complete a sched c form?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

1099 misc income

A 1099Misc is usually for self employment income.  Self employment goes on Schedule C.  Why did you get the 1099Misc?

setac21638
Returning Member

1099 misc income

it was a company (IBM) benefit of a small reimbursement of long term care insurance preminms that is being discontinued beginning January 1,2020

setac21638
Returning Member

1099 misc income

The 1099 misc was a reimbursement that IBM gives to their retirees, if they are participating in a Long Term Care program through the John Hancock Insurance company. This benefit reimburses a percentage of the annual premiums that were paid during the year. Each year that I have received the benefit in the past, I have had problems with Turbo Tax trying to force me to complete the Schedule C form. I do not and have never owned my own business.  How can this item be entered on my income tax return???

setac21638
Returning Member

1099 misc income

The 1099 MISC was a reimbursement benefit that IBM give to their employees and retirees that are participating in a Long Term care program, through the John Hancock insurance company. This benefit reimburses a percentage of the annual premiums that were paid during the year. Each year that I have received this reimbursement, I have had problems with TurboTax trying to force me to complete the Schedule C form. I do not now or have I ever owned a business. How can this item be entered on my income tax return?? 

setac21638
Returning Member

1099 misc income

Turbo tax did not give me a choice of not going to the Schedule C form. I am retired and the 1099MISC was for a premium reimbursement from an insurance company.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies