badavenport81

1099-DIV, asking for with state the dividend was from by my 1099 doesn't list a state in line 12

SteamTrain

Line 12 is for a state two letter code (IA=iowa) if state taxes are withheld...leave 12 blank and make 14 blank too IF there is a 0.00 in 14.

______________________

.......now, if box 10 has a $$ amount, you need to select "More than one state"  (if you are in the interview)...or "XX" if you are int the Review/Error check section.

Then study the situation to decide if you want to mess with it anymore.  "More than one state" is always acceptable, bus sometimes a bit of state taxes can be saved by indicating exactly how much of box 10  came from bonds issued by only your state.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*