turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will the stimulus be deposited its been over 5 days

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please note it can take up to five business days. This does not include holidays (Monday was a federal holiday) and weekends. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I will never use nor recommend TurboTax to NOBODY... TurboTax lied and ive been laid off for over a year I need my stimulus money. And on top of that TurboTax took $120 off my stimulus. Never again.... NEVER

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

We appreciate your patience as we try to respond to everyone as quickly as possible. Stimulus payments are issued by the IRS, not by TurboTax. We do not have direct information about your stimulus payment.

For the most up to date information on if you are eligible and when and where you can expect a payment, they suggest you visit the IRS Get My Payment tool: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

• If you received your stimulus on your Turbo card and need a replacement card, we can help you get a new one. If your address has not changed in the last year, you can get one through the automated phone system by calling (888) 285-4169.
  • If your address has changed, you will need to talk to a live agent to get a replacement card sent to your current address by calling (888) 285-4169.
  • If you have closed your Turbo account, you will need to contact the IRS for next steps.

For more information, please visit our Stimulus information page here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

This was an IRS error that TurboTax was working with them to resolve, and in the worst-case scenario that someone does not get the stimulus payment through direct deposit or a check, you can claim the stimulus you didn't receive on your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sounds like you didn't get the first or second Stimulus payment so you filed a tax return to claim it?  Is it on your return line 30?

Even if Turbo Tax lets you submit your return they will just hold all the returns until the IRS opens filing on Feb 12, 2021.  And a lot of people who file early find out they have to amend later like when they get their actual W2 and 1099 forms.  Or they get more forms than they were expecting.  

For the fees......you used Deluxe.  It is $40 for Federal and $40 for state.  Then to have the fees deducted from your refund is a Extra $40 Refund Processing Service charge.  Total $120.  You might have been able to use the Free Edition or the Free File website.  We could have told you how before you filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies