turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jniemiec

Stimulus Check - Updated Banking Information

I got an email from TurboTax stating my banking information has changed - which it has. I updated the information through the Portal that they sent me. When should I expect the Stimulus money to hit my account? I didn’t get a confirmation from TurboTax after I sent the information through the Portal.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

do you have the link to the portal? Im a turbo customer who didnt receive that email

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

This link provides the most up to date information available from the IRS:  IRS Update

If you have a Turbo Card, this link will be helpful to you:  Turbo Card

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

BE AWARE.......I accessed my friends email and clicked the link sent by Turbo Tax to update his banking information. Since I accessed the link from my computer (I supposed thats why), it automatically logged into my Turbo account. So, I changed my own banking information to my friends bank account! I did not know this until it had already been submitted. Turbo Tax needs to make sure their link logs into the correct TT account!

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, be careful when updating information in the portal.   Here is a snippet from the email - 

Please follow these steps to update your information in the portal:

• Go to this LINK and log in with the username and password you used to file your 2019 tax return!
  • Validate your identity
  • Enter your updated bank account information

@Huntersma

@DawnC  the link did not prompt me to login.....instead it bypassed that since I was already logged in from my computer (my assumption).  

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, it will take you directly to the account you were signed into.  You can verify which account you are in by clicking on Intuit Account in the left bottom part of the screen.    It is too late now, but you would have had to click 'Log Out' of your account before clicking on the link from your friends email to see the login screen.    If the link allowed you to update in the portal, that would mean that your account was affected by the stimulus issue......Did you receive your stimulus or did you receive the same email as your friend?   Obviously, you want to change the info in your account back to your information (remove your friend's info).  @Huntersma

I have not received my stimulus and I had not received the email to change my banking info either. When the system asked me if I received the email, I clicked yes (bc I thought I was logged into my friends account).   I am a long time TT customer and took the advance in 2019, so I believe my stimulus went to the temporary bank account and was rejected. I have not received any of the emails that the people received last week.  I do still have my Turbo card, which is the account that was on file before this accident! I will login into my intuit account and see if it can be changed back.

Thank you for responding! 

I do not see anywhere on the turbo tax site to change my info back, unfortunately.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Huntersma Were you able to get your issue resolved? 

No I'm still in limbo. Irs still says unavailable

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Huntersma Per the IRS Get My Payment FAQ:

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" if:

You filed a tax return, but we haven't finished processing your 2019 return 
You don't usually file a return, and we don’t have enough information to issue you a payment
You’re not eligible for a payment
We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there’s no need to check more often, please check back for updates.

If you didn’t receive the full payment you’re eligible for, then you may be eligible to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of your 2020 tax return Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR.

For more information about the rebate, please see What is a Recovery Rebate Tax Credit?

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies