turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Stimulus Check for "Your Spouse as a dependent"

Has it been fixed for people filing new tax returns? So they are aware it was a glitch?

The link you posted is for 2019.  What about 2018???

@colbski wrote:

The link you posted is for 2019.  What about 2018???

Yours may be the first reported instance for 2018.  So in the notes section when Signing Up to be notified enter that your problem is with the 2018 tax return.

It covers 2018 also.  Because it seems to also transferred over wrong from 2018.

@DoninGA  It affected 2018 and 2019 for me as well. 

If it was their fault they should pay interest on the $1,200.00 or send us the $1,200.00 to avoid a class action lawsuit.

Yes!!!

Or at the bare minimum refund us the charge for filing through them. Just dont try to make amends by offering us a credit towards our tax filing fees for next year.

They really screwed some of us up big time. This needs the attention of the media.

Since they are in good with the IRS, I dont think its unreasonable for them to work with the IRS in fixing this issue and getting us the stimulus check. I mean they were able to work with them to create the portal.

If they cannot get the funds from the IRS, they should front the stimulus money since they know that we met the criteria for the stimulus check. When we file our taxes next year, they can intercept the funds and get their money back.

From what I understand, the advanced credit cannot be used towards monies owed to the IRS so TT would get their money back no matter what.

Any one of these solutions would cost TT way less than a class action lawsuit.

Hello, I'm having the same problem... can you tell me how details or direct me to source

where you mention " recaluated and get paid when filing 2020..." .  My case is filing Married 

separately and box was mysteriously checked Spouse Can Be Claimed as a dependent".

Thank you in advance  Jim C, also personal email [email address removed]

@daystar35 wrote:

Hello, I'm having the same problem... can you tell me how details or direct me to source

where you mention " recaluated and get paid when filing 2020..." .  My case is filing Married 

separately and box was mysteriously checked Spouse Can Be Claimed as a dependent".

Thank you in advance  Jim C, also personal email [email address removed]

See question 27 on this page.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#reconciling

The stimulus payment is technically a credit from your 2020 tax return, being paid in advance based on 2019 or 2018 information, but it will be recalculated on your 2020 return. 

Any update on this???

@desposito89 

This is what we have so far:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/spouse-claimed-as-a-dependent-box-checked-on-2019-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I don't see any updates.

Sorry---that is all there is -- the sign up for the problem.  Did you sign up to be notified?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes, like a week ago. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies