turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Li7
Level 3

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

Same here. 

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

So I ain't filed taxes in 20 years. Ain't worked in that long I used turbo tax ap suggested by e1. Well april 9th come n go n no return irs has. Stated that it's being processed  a date b later given. Stimulus checknsays their records can not determine rather I'm eligible for it I worked n filed and I cant get it I ain't even got my returns back yet.... so I just got turbo tax  **bleep**ed

There is a no eviction order by Trump for all states and it's a site that will contact them for you if they try it's illegal right now, no real punishment for them but they will have to reverse it at no cost to you for their legal fees if they try. Also landlords are not allowed to charge late fees right now. Google it please and I will try my best to find the site that helps tenants know their rights especially during this no eviction order that I believe is to last until the end of July. Just research it. Only thing everyone is still responsible for the past due rent so hopefully you don't get too far behind to where it's hard to catch up. I hope this helps. I moved out right before everything was shut down and my friend that I was paying to stay with until I found a place put me and my kids out bc of the fear of exposure so I ended up homeless during all of this. No landlords was doing showings and no shelters had room and no real help from anywhere. I had to leave my job because of strict childcare order right now in my city no one was accepting kids. I am still waiting on my stimulus and spent every dime I had on a hotel. I finally found a place after a month of being homeless they have my deposit and next week rent but I can't afford May rent without the stimulus. I hope you fight this and don't go through the stress I just went through. You are at the age where you and your wife need to be at home during this time not on the street being exposed. 

Same. Had taxes filed on turbo card. Last week the 15th I check my info on the portal. Irs doesn't have any banking info for me so I updated it and still no stimulus. And no available date for dd on the IRS website.

How is it that TurboTax can release a statement saying that their customers will receive their stimulus payment the same place they received their tax return but yet OBVIOUSLY the irs doesn't have our bank account information on file. This is ridiculous. H&R block is doing the same thing with the emerald card customers.

It's absolutely pathetic. I think turbotax should foor the bill for our stimulus money (I'm sure someone has enough to help out who owns turbotax) there's alot of us who can't wait another 3 weeks for it. And I'm in a pretty tight spot myself but I know there are others who are worse spot than I am and it's absolutely absurd. 

Very well said. These tax prep services should be liable for failing to report our payment info properly leaving us to not get our stimulus payments timely. I’m considering suing them at minimum return for my tax costs which were in the realm of $230

@iPhoneGuy86 I paid about the same as you for my taxes. Fee taken out of federal return. No advance! Checked the portal about 7 AM CST. Said we need more info. They needed payment info. I figured it was because my TurboTax card was in the negative and they closed the account! Nope my cousin was in the same situation with her card being in the neg. She entered her card info I entered my chime checking info. She received her stimulus last Wednesday. Mine I've yet to see. Portal updated saying payment would be dd into account ending in ****. Checked it last Saturday and t said a check is scheduled to be mail to you on the 24th. Alright whatever can't get in touch with anyone at the IRS to fix it so I'll have to wait I'm pissed. So I woke up yesterday and checked it and it still said check to be mailed the 24th. No update not to say it was mailed out anything. TurboTax and others like them should be held accountable for this. We pay too **bleep** much to file our taxes threw these company's for them to mess up like this. I'm about to check it's portal again because it's now after 1 am where I live and their maintenance should be over and it should be updated. I have car insurance to pay or I loose my tags on my car and I have electric and water to pay before they are shut off. They are shutting people off where I live now they only extended the non payment till the 15th of April. All my stuff is due on or before the 25th including car insurance. Not really stressing rent because my landlord is not going to evict us. I have a small child who has to eat so they understand. I'm beyond livid. His father don't help with him is anyway. His stimulus went to the **bleep** state because I had no choice but to get assistance to buy diapers and wipes. Hey take his tax returns and all. Well when he holds a job I get support. But nothing else and 230$ don't do much for a 4 year old child. Yes my child gets all his child support payments. I refuse to use it on anything but him. His father sent me a picture of the letter he got about his stimulus payment. It was all taken by the state his son son won't see a dime of it. And I find this very unfair to my son and his father. The state shouldn't have been able to touch money that was kept from the father for outstanding child support. It should have went toward his owed support or to him not to the state regardless. It plainly said for child support not for what is owed to the state. What is owed to the state is not child support. 

Still no update. Still says check will be mailed the 24th. This is total and absolute B.S.  My neighbor said she heard on the news that they are running out of stimulus money. And all of us that truly needed it still haven't received it. Maybe they can take it out of that 600 dollars plus normal unemployment benefits they are giving folks. Plus they getting this stimulus money. No job where I'm from pays that much a week. Most pay over minimum wage. But not that much over. When my bf drew drew unemployment he get 144$ a week before taxes and child support. If he got it now he'd be getting 744$ a week that adds up to $18.60 for a standard 40 hour week where he works. They don't even make that being hired on at the company lol. And the temp service he is through only pays their employees 12.50 a hour. They don't get hazard pay because they aren't hired on. The one hired on get it but not the temps. We need this stimulus payment more then ever right now I'm not able to work or draw anything for not being able to work. He averages 40 hours a week. Gross income is 500$ after tax and child support on his 3 kids he's lucky to to bring home 250 to 270 a week. We have a child. He's not his biologically so he can't claim he has a child in the home to support. Rent is 400 water runs between 70 and 80 a month depends on how much we have to wash and electric runs about 100 to 120 a month. That doesn't include his gas to get to get back and forth to work which depend on if I have to keep the car since we have just 1 at the moment his needs a crankshaft kit and he hasn't had time to do it. Mine about to brake down. They are playing with my emotions and I'm ready to snap. I either want my stimulus payment in entitled to or I want my over 200 in TurboTax fees back. 

I don’t think anyone should use TurboTax anymore. Using this portal has caused a bigger financial hardship on many families including mine. The only way to assure we’ll be receiving what’s rightfully ours is to file taxes using the IRS website directly. No third party to blame when we get screwed over like now. I will advise everyone I know against TurboTax in the future.

Same thing going on with me. Paid them to to my taxes on March 27th and a whole month later haven't got anything and it was saying processing now accept and yet can I get to my funds, hell I'm trying to pay some of these **bleep** Bills and get food it's a **bleep** SHAME..

Daniel38nyc
Returning Member

I made a mistake on my address and was told my charge was 140 now it's 230

Have you heard anything back yet? They got me the same way.

jcb1207

My name is Judy....TT is a disappointment....for TT to let all of us down at the most trying time of all our lives is wordless 😭😭 I received my federal in Feb. Have not received my state...can't get ANY INFO..Can't get on the GMP nor the IRS WMR apps..soon as I enter my SSN...they say my info doesn't match theirs.

Seriously??????

This seems to be a very common problem with, not only Turbotax, but HR Block and many other online tax prep services.  Confusion regarding the third party bank they issue the refunds through.  I to will be discontinuing Turbotax and not because of the mix up on the stimulus payment but because their customer service throughout this has been appalling, or should I say their lack of customer services.  Instead of working to help customers they're time is being spent blaming everyone from the IRS to the bank they partnered with for the mix up.  This is definitely not the way to do business if you want to keep customers. Do yourself a favor, use the IRS FREE file your taxes.   EFF Intuit.

@DoninGA you show consigning on alot, can you get us our Returns, or fix the problem since you know so **bleep** much.. you a busted **bleep** punk

Fees for them doing my taxes, if so how long will (did) that take 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies