turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fox-Becca

Do I need to select the box for "Active duty military - The wages on this W-2 are active duty military wages" for a Travel/Miscellaneous W2 for a PPM move during a PCS

I selected the Active Duty military box for my husband's regular W2, I'm just not sure if I need to check the box for the Travel W2, if that counts as active duty wages.  I've tried it both ways and when checking the box, it lowers our refund (taxes it more), so I definitely want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

Do I need to select the box for "Active duty military - The wages on this W-2 are active duty military wages" for a Travel/Miscellaneous W2 for a PPM move during a PCS

No - do not check the box for "active military duty pay" for the Travel/Misc reimbursement W-2.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DS30

No - do not check the box for "active military duty pay" for the Travel/Misc reimbursement W-2.

Fox-Becca

Thank you!  That is what I was figuring, but wanted to making sure.  I appreciate your time.
DS30

You are very welcome 🙂

What option should be selected? "None of the above"
Deuce
Returning Member

Just curious, if the PPM is part of a PCS, why is the pay not considered “Active Duty Military” wages?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies