Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BlakeDarling66
Returning Member

Your transmission didn't go through

Exactly what the subject says. Repeatedly tells me the transmission won't go through. I don't know what I need to do. Here is the copy and pasted reason. And before you say anything, yes my phone number is 10 digits and it's correct.  

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using a valid US telephone number?  If so, try deleting the telephone number entirely and re-entering it. Sometimes there's an extra space or character that will cause the error. Please see Error message 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Contains invalid digits for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BlakeDarling66
Returning Member

I've used the same number the last 4 years I have filed with 0 issues. I am military stationed in Japan, I don't have a US number. Should I put a parent's phone number? That's going to be my only option I believe

If you cannot leave the phone number entry field blank then enter any US phone number that can be verified as real.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies