Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

NC tax exempt for 100 % disabled military veterans

My husband is 100% disabled, we live in NC, and he receives social security, Total and permanent disabled.  Does he pay taxes on his income?
1 Reply
New Member

NC tax exempt for 100 % disabled military veterans

Social Security Disability Insurance, (SSDI) payments are reported on the federal tax return.  If your husband's SSDI is the only source of income that you would be reporting on a joint tax return, that SSDI is non taxable. However, if there is other income, a portion of his SSDI could be taxable depending on the amount of the other income. 

• Open your return and click the Federal Taxes tab at the top of your screen and Click Wages and Income

• Scroll down the page and select Retirement Planning and Social Security

• Select Social Security and click Start to the right

• Go through the interview and carefully enter all of the information that is requested.

 Please express my sincere thank you to your husband for his service and sacrifice to our country! 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings