turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am active duty military & i mailed my return after the deadline because i was in the field during the deadline

I am Active Duty Military and i mailed my return after the deadline without having an extension because i was completing field exercises for the Expert Field Medical Badge during the deadline and was
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am active duty military & i mailed my return after the deadline because i was in the field during the deadline

First if you are getting a refund an extension is not needed .... and next if you were not getting a refund you have 6 months to file a return once your boots hit home ... simply mail in the return and write the dates of deployment on the top of the first page of the return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

First if you are getting a refund an extension is not needed .... and next if you were not getting a refund you have 6 months to file a return once your boots hit home ... simply mail in the return and write the dates of deployment on the top of the first page of the return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies