cwalters

I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard). If I am a veteran, do I mark this 'yes'

AnnS7

Yes. If you are a veteran, you can answer "Yes" to I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard)  on the Your personal info screen. 

On the following screen titled "What was your military status as of December 31, 2016?" you can indicate Former member (retired, veteran, etc.).

AnnS7

randall-king

I have a problem with this, as a retired veteran I click yes here and then turbotax assumes I'm active and have a w2 to provide saying the 59.99 fee will be covered and later when I do not have a DFAS w2 to provide makes me feel bad for clicking the box. If you are going to make a distinguishment between the service you provide to veterans AND active duty please stop lumping as all in the same check box. Two years in a row this has irritated me.