Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a active duty military but the app didn’t gave me an option to not pay for it cause i know it’s free for military and i paid about 183.09 how can i refund that? This are not the max tac

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am a active duty military but the app didn’t gave me an option to not pay for it cause i know it’s free for military and i paid about 183.09 how can i refund that? This are not the max tac

When you saw you were going to be charged...you "should have" stopped moving forward, not paid, and backed up to some other tax section while you tried to find out what the situation was.

Then we could have told you how to fix it.  But now that you have paid already, you can "Try" to get a credit from Customer Support....but that's up to them.  When you go thru the contact steps to get a telephone number...indicate you have a "Billing Issue"  (never use the word "refund" )

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

1) it's only free for Enlisted personnel

2)  any LIVE version is NOT free for anyone  (and we could have told you how to remove that if you hadn't used their services yet)

3)  Using any of the non-LIVE versions, in order to be free, also require you to check a box to indicate that the W-2 you entered was a military W-2....some people miss that....and we could-have directed you to that if you had asked before paying.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

The official word from customer support is that agreement to pay is proof you were satisfied with the service.

Your post indicates "turbotax self-employed live online"; did you have self-employment income and did you use the services of a live chat with a CPA?  If not, why did you agree to pay for those services and how did you end up at the most expensive program level in the first place?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies