cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

Because I'm still in training and my wife is in PuertoRico what I have to select for her state?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

Because I'm still in training and my wife is in PuertoRico what I have to select for her state?

Both of you keep Puerto Rico as your "State of Residence".

As active duty military, you are considered to "Live" in your state of residence (Home of Record), no matter where you are stationed. Your active-duty pay is also considered to be earned in your state of residence.

State Military Filing Rules

Military Spouses and State Taxes

9 Replies
Level 1

What are you training for and where?
Level 1

AirForce , Delaware
Level 1

Did you enlist in the Air Force from PR?
Level 1

Yes
Level 1

Turbotax doesn't give the option for Puerto Rico
Level 1

Go to the bottom of the drop-down menu for State of Residence. You will see "Foreign or U.S. Possession".  That is what you should select for Puerto Rico.
Level 1

Both of you keep Puerto Rico as your "State of Residence".

As active duty military, you are considered to "Live" in your state of residence (Home of Record), no matter where you are stationed. Your active-duty pay is also considered to be earned in your state of residence.

State Military Filing Rules

Military Spouses and State Taxes

Level 1

Thank you so much for your help exactly what I needed.
Level 1

My pleasure!