turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kbryant4u

Claiming booth rent for salon

I pay booth rental at the salon I work at. Do I include that weekly rent in my deductions or subtract it from my income?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, your rent expense should be entered separately. Your income should be entered without adjustments. All your income and expenses are reported as self-employment on Schedule C.

The easiest way to find Schedule C in TurboTax is to use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Enter "schedule c", hit Enter, then click on "jump to schedule c". This will take you directly to the start of this section where you can set up your business and enter your income & expenses.

Or go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "schedule c", click the topic in the list, then click "GO".

Once you have set up your business, look for Rental Expenses under Business Expenses >> Other Common Business Expenses (see screenshot below - click to enlarge). This is where to report your weekly booth rental costs.

[revised 2/15/17 for navigation]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, your rent expense should be entered separately. Your income should be entered without adjustments. All your income and expenses are reported as self-employment on Schedule C.

The easiest way to find Schedule C in TurboTax is to use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Enter "schedule c", hit Enter, then click on "jump to schedule c". This will take you directly to the start of this section where you can set up your business and enter your income & expenses.

Or go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "schedule c", click the topic in the list, then click "GO".

Once you have set up your business, look for Rental Expenses under Business Expenses >> Other Common Business Expenses (see screenshot below - click to enlarge). This is where to report your weekly booth rental costs.

[revised 2/15/17 for navigation]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies