go2dance

Why is my rental property depreciation deduction showing up as zero? Shouldn't it be the same as last year?

Last year my depreciation deduction was $5,900. It is the same this year but it's showing up as zero at the final summery section. How come?

FaithY

Your depreciation deduction will show up as zero this year if your asset has already been fully depreciated. I suggest reviewing your depreciation schedule to see if your asset was fully depreciated when you filed last years return. 

TaxGuyBill

Ignore the summary screens, as they can be quirky.  Look at Line 18 of Schedule E to look at any depreciation that was claimed.
FaithY

taxsemipro

I just purchased a new rental house in October of 2021 and keyed in the purchase price and improvements. I also noted that the property was available for rent approximately 80 days in 2021. However, I'm not seeing any depreciation for this property being populated in schedule ez?

Was this a converted personal residence by any chance ?   Or did you enter in any personal use days ?