Solved: Where do I go in turbo tax to put rental payments? I paid rent for the entire year of 2015 for the home i rented.

nasha3

Where do I go in turbo tax to put rental payments? I paid rent for the entire year of 2015 for the home i rented.

Doc5108

Think I understand your question.

Is Your Personal Rent deductible on Federal Tax Return?
Unfortunately No, the rent you pay to live in an apartment, house or other place of personal residence is Not deductible on your Federal Tax Return.  Your Rent May be a deduction on your State Tax Return, each State is different.  If Your Rent is deductible in your State, the question should pop up during your state return interview.

If there is a renters deduction, credit, rebate, or certificate it will be entered during your State interview.  NOT all states have the renters deduction, credit, rebate or certificate it is totally State Dependent.

Doc5108

Think I understand your question.

herbertbirdsfoot

What about home office deduction for back rent--that is, for rent on the home (including the home office), that was still owed and paid after use ended of that home (and that home office)?

Where do I put that in?