Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do i enter my office rent, phone, funiture purchased...

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

These expenses are reported on Schedule C for self-employed (not employees receiving a W-2 income) taxpayers.  Under your 'business' or 'Self-employed income and expenses',  look for Expenses.  Vehicle, Home Office expense, Rental Expense, Supplies, Utilities, etc. are all reported here.   Each business has its own list of expenses, so click on Edit next to the business, then scroll down to the Expenses subsection. 

Property, such as cars, furniture, or equipment are depreciable assets and are recorded in the Assets section, which is located in the list of business expenses or underneath Expenses, depending on which version you are using.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
team49g

Under business expense area, there is no section says   Office Rents or Retail Store...
team49g

very not useful turbo tax software, im having difficulties trouble shooting looking for a place to enter OFFICE RENTS and RETAIL STORE..  Under BUSINESS EXPENSES there are   bottle water, supplies and bla lbal lbal  only...
team49g

Turbo tax is difficult to work with, it will not make any changes if you going back and fort to modify and it will not make changes or updates... so annoying
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Office Rent is under ''Other Common Business Expenses''  then under ''Rental Expenses (for rental spaces and equipment)''.  It is right below Office Expenses.
team49g

Turbo tax software is having problem it will not update the changes on top  on Federal refund and State refund when i make changes to the numbers...
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Can you post a new question as this thread is over a year old; thanks!
team49g

how so i post new
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

These expenses are reported on Schedule C for self-employed (not employees receiving a W-2 income) taxpayers.  Under your 'business' or 'Self-employed income and expenses',  look for Expenses.  Vehicle, Home Office expense, Rental Expense, Supplies, Utilities, etc. are all reported here.   Each business has its own list of expenses, so click on Edit next to the business, then scroll down to the Expenses subsection. 

Property, such as cars, furniture, or equipment are depreciable assets and are recorded in the Assets section, which is located in the list of business expenses or underneath Expenses, depending on which version you are using.

bwhannum

In a spell ckeck of Turbo Taxt there is no item "Business Expenses - Everyday expenses conducting business". The closest item is Office Expenses or Other Miscelleanous Expenses. We need an accurate answer.
bwhannum

I can only conclude that ‘Other Miscelleaneos Expenses’ is the only reasonable location.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

To ask a question here in community, please click this link - Ask a Question in the TurboTax Community

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies