turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I enter a rental truck used for business that was not a startup cost?

This cost was incurred during a move from one home office to another, thus not at the start of my business in 2016
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Patrice

If you are self-employed or a freelancer, you will enter the expenses under Business expenses. After you enter information for your business, the software will take you to the summary screen. Here you will enter your information using the actual expenses. The screen will allow you to enter additional information. 

1. In TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, go to Federal Taxes or In Home and Business, go to Business tab- then Continue
  2. Choose Explore on my own or I'll choose what to work on (if it appears)
  3. Scroll down to Business Income and Expenses - Click the Start or Update button
  4. If needed, answer the interview questions regarding your business. After completion, you the TurboTax will move you to the Business Summary screen.
  5. From here you can edit information for your business that includes the Business
  6. Profile, Income, Expenses, etc. 
  7. Enter the rental truck expenses in the "Other Common Business Expenses" section under the "Rental Expenses" section.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patrice

If you are self-employed or a freelancer, you will enter the expenses under Business expenses. After you enter information for your business, the software will take you to the summary screen. Here you will enter your information using the actual expenses. The screen will allow you to enter additional information. 

1. In TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, go to Federal Taxes or In Home and Business, go to Business tab- then Continue
  2. Choose Explore on my own or I'll choose what to work on (if it appears)
  3. Scroll down to Business Income and Expenses - Click the Start or Update button
  4. If needed, answer the interview questions regarding your business. After completion, you the TurboTax will move you to the Business Summary screen.
  5. From here you can edit information for your business that includes the Business
  6. Profile, Income, Expenses, etc. 
  7. Enter the rental truck expenses in the "Other Common Business Expenses" section under the "Rental Expenses" section.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies