turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We have a farm payment but no 1099G since the amount is under $600. It's a CRP Payment Annual Rental form . The amount is $362. How do we enter this on TurboTax?

I have attached the document as well as screen shots of Turbo Tax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

We have a farm payment but no 1099G since the amount is under $600. It's a CRP Payment Annual Rental form . The amount is $362. How do we enter this on TurboTax?

CRP payments must be entered on schedule F. In TurboTax use the Farm Income and Expense section. You will see this section is different than the Farm Rental section (form 4835). Do not enter a CRP payment of form 4835. Be sure to enter your CRP payment only in the Ag Program interview since you did not receive a 1099-G. Enter it in the Farm Income section (schedule F).

I do not have a Farm Income and Expense section.  I only have the Farm Income and Rental Option.

Yeah, the Deluxe version you have is a little different than my H&B version but it does have two separate sections, one for Farm Income (schedule F) and one for Farm Rental (form 4835). Your attachment was helpful. If you click Start at the Farm Income and Farm Rental, you will see that you pick one or the other as you proceed in the interview.

Start was already selected so I only have the option to 'Update'.  When I click on the Update button next to 'Farm Income and Farm Rental'.  I do not have the option to select Farm Income or Farm Rental.  My options include:  I have income from operating a farm; I received fixed cash payments from my farm rental; I received agricultural payments on a 1099-MISC or 1099-G for my Farm Rental; I received a share of the production from my farm rental; I did not receive any Farm Income.  One of these options seem to work.

Click "I have income from operating a farm" even though you are only entering a CRP payment. This is the Farm Income and Expense (schedule F) section in TurboTax.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies