jpgarcia153

TurboTax is asking me to fill in information about SPDR GOLD TRUST items (GLD shares that I own on Robinhood)? I think these are charges for the trust.. what do i do?

fanfare

see www.costbasis.com and visit the GLD page.

After that you'll probably want to eliminate GLD from your portfolio in taxable accounts.

jpgarcia153

Okay, but why is TurboTax asking me about them in the first place?  I haven't sold any shares, just bought them on various dates and sold none so far.  These items just look like trust charges onto my robinhood account.

jpgarcia153

Nevermind, I just deleted all the imported forms and just entered summary amounts.  Shouldn't have to report anything if I didn't sell the asset.

fanfare

The point is, you did sell the asset. A tiny portion is sold each month for the reasons outlined.