turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax 2020 refuses to correct cost basis for ESPP

Fidelity didn't send cost basis or other details when cashing my Min Rqd Dist.  Fidelity person cant send 1099-B, they say.  How can I populate my 1099-B worksheet? after getting the "we need a little more info" message?

Your employer should have sent you a form 3922 with the grant date, purchase date, FMV and exercise price. 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@morrisspearmanbellso Can you explain what you mean? Required minimum distribution and 1099B don't normally go together. A 1099-R has an RMD.

Cost basis is a personal requirement. You should have a portfolio where you keep your investment information.

What do you have and what are you trying to do?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ou5

On Schedule D, the cost basis on Line 9 is greatly overstated and should be corrected; however, I have not found any way to correct this figure.  It way overstates the correct figure.  How do I correct his?

I am pissed beyond words at Intuit and Turbo Tax at this moment.  I filed and 5 minutes later found that Turbo Tax calculated wrong.

You might scroll up maybe a month to where I stated that Turbo Tax fixed the problem with an update.  I verified that the Turbo Tax adjustment of $3112 matched the $3111.59 shown on my 2020 final pay statement Stock-ESPP disposition line item.  All good.

Well, I filed and found that all but three entries totaling $1435 adjustment reverted back to no adjustment.  Turbo tax over reported my income by ($3112-$1435).  The short term sale entries adjusted correctly.  The long term entries did not-but were when I checked it a month ago.  There have been a half dozen TT updates since then.

So now I need to amend a return-and there are many impacts-I am at the income level where almost, but not all COVID money is phased out-so capital gains, Covid credit (maybe), and state taxes all impacted.

I guess I will check the TT guarantee.  Not expecting much.

I have the exact same issue! I'm dealing with the better Business bureau to try to get a refund for guarantees and promises they slap all over their website that mean nothing TurboTax is full of lies. The lie to you every chance they get and make promises they won't keep. Good luck.

And the only reason taxes are so hard is because Intuit spends millions convincing our elected officials to keep a complicated system like this.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies