Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT Premier. Income and rental summary prior year 2018 rental income, expense expect for depreciation, all as $0. Why did TT not import this this from prior year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

TT Premier. Income and rental summary prior year 2018 rental income, expense expect for depreciation, all as $0. Why did TT not import this this from prior year?

For you 2019 taxes, did the depreciation for your rental property calculate automatically, i.e., were your rental property assets from 2018 shown in the Assets/Depreciation section for your rental property (without you having to add them again)?

If so, it could be that the prior year summary you are looking at didn't populate for 2018, but the information needed for 2019 taxes was properly transferred.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

More than likely, you're looking at a summary. Waste of time in my opinion (and we all know what opinions are like). What matters here, is the IRS Form 4562 data. Look in the assets/depreciation section. THen pick an asset (I suggest the property itself) to edit, and work it through. On the "Confirm your prior depreciation" screen, you should see an amount greater that zero that shows the total of all depreciation taken over the years, up to your 2018 tax return. If it does, then you're good to go.

Prior Depr.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies