turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tyraw808

Enter the percent of gross income on line 7 of Schedule C that is from the business use of this home.....i don't know what to put for this.

Enter the percent of gross income on line 7 of Schedule C that is from the business use of this home...i don't know what to put for this.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Enter the percent of gross income on line 7 of Schedule C that is from the business use of this home.....i don't know what to put for this.

There is a limitation related to home office expenses and the income that was earned while using the home office.  This question is gathering information to apply that limitation. 

The question is asking what percentage of your business gross income is attributed to work done in your home office. 

For example:  If all your work is done in your home office, enter 100 (for 100%).  But if you figure that one-fourth of your income is made on the road or in another location and three-fourths of your income is made from your home office, enter 75 (for 75%).

You can also consider the amount of time you work in your office as a factor if breaking it down by income is difficult.  If you spend 4 out of 5 days working from your home office, then use 80 (for 80%), etc.

tyraw808

Thank you for the information i really appreciate it!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies